Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Spider Lily Blooming

Hymenocallis caribeae


It has been a very long time since I posted anything.  I hope not to leave it so long next time.  I wanted to share some photos of my newest flowers in my garden :)  I bought this spider lily last year but I didn't get any blooms.  It was dug up in the fall and stored in the basement in a paper bag over winter.  about 1 month after planting it outside i was given the gift of these beautiful flowers :)  I hope you enjoy them as much as I do :)




7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks :) I hope this year the bulb multiplies :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so pretty..I hope it multiplies also :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awwwwwwesome... So glad you got a flower this year. Mine hasn't flowered yet!! So your beating me this year..hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have Spider lilies growing everywhere in Hong Kong, in parks, roadside plantations, and many more places.
    The Spider lilies in Hong Kong are a bit different: Their pettles do not curve outwards, but are flat, and clearly looks like a spider.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like lilys. This is very beautiful! I hope one day I will have one too! :)

    ReplyDelete